News
Aly Gulamhusein/the Gauntlet

U of C squeegee team practices for upcoming national tryouts

Publication YearIssue Date 

Students were required to evacuate MacHall just before 2 p.m. on Tuesday. A fire alarm was triggered when Den employees were moving tables in the bar.

“They were moving some tables around and they clipped one of the sprinklers,” said Students’ Union communications manager Ron Riopka. “Obviously the sprinkler went off when they hit it, so it was just kind of a little bit of an operational accident.”

The water was contained to the area outside the den doors and no damage was reported. “The facilites crew got on it pretty quickly and got everything cleaned up,” said Riopka.

Section: 

Issue: