By Irene Enyedy
Presented by the Students’ Union and the Gauntlet, Becoming Tomorrow is a conference for students from January 24 to 26. This conference offers delegates an opportunity to build skills in leadership and volunteering. Students play many demanding roles such as worker, son/daughter, companion, mentor, counsellor and friend. Add to this the importance of volunteering and leadership. We recognize the need to help you stay motivated to succeed in all these wonderful and amazing endeavours that will benefit your future career, while still maintaining personal balance, happiness and success.
These are some of the benefits of attending this conference:
• All delegates will enjoy a registration barbecue on Friday and Saturday Brunch with our first national calibre keynote speaker, Andy Thibodeau.
• Dinner keynote address from former University of Calgary Chancellor and recent recipient of the Order of Canada, our country’s highest honour for lifetime achievement, Jack Perraton.
• Over 15 sessions, workshops and other keynote addresses that will focus on leadership, volunteerism, time management, travel, and other essentials that students need to succeed.
• The Leadership Fair will provide an opportunity to highlight a variety of volunteer and leadership programs that University of Calgary campus has to offer.
• Networking with members of the University and Alberta community.
The conference is only $50, which includes four meals, choices between 18 impeccable sessions, four keynote addresses, a cabaret ticket, networking opportunities and a Volunteer and Leadership Fair. Register at the Students’ Union, MSC 251 by Wednesday, January 22, 2003. We look forward to seeing you on January 24-26, 2003. You can pay by VISA, Master Card, cheque, debit or cash.
If you require any additional information please contact me at 220-3912 or email@example.com.